How to create a NEAR wallet
NEAR Protocol’s wallet is designed to be user-friendly, with a simple interface, the ability to select your own user name, and easy options to top up. In this guide, we’ll give you a short rundown on how to create a NEAR wallet, setting you up to interact with PembRock Finance and all the other Dapps within the ecosystem.
NEAR’s non-custodial web-based wallet can be set up in just a few minutes. Here’s how you can do it:
Unlike IDs on other blockchains that consist of a long series of letters and numbers, NEAR allows you to pick your own human readable ID.
2. Choose your account recovery method. On sign-up, you can choose from two options: Secure Passphrase or Ledger Hardware Wallet. Once your account has been created you can also choose from Two-Factor Authentication, either through SMS or email.
a) If you choose the secure passphrase option, twelve randomly generated seed words will be shown on the screen. Write these down or copy and paste them into a secure document as they will serve as your recovery option should you log out or need to import your wallet into another device/browser. As no centralized service is responsible for your account, losing your seed words means you will lose access to your account and funds forever. b) NEAR recommends using the Ledger Nano S or X hardware wallet, as its storage of private keys provides the highest level of security when using the NEAR Wallet.
To be able to finalize the creation of your account and interact with any Dapps in the NEAR Ecosystem, you are required to put funds in your wallet. Luckily, there are a bunch of ways to do this in just a few clicks.
- 1.Buy and send NEAR from CEXes - NEAR is listed on a whole range of centralized and decentralized exchanges for purchase. If you are holding NEAR on a centralized exchange such as Binance, you can easily send it directly to your NEAR wallet. Remember to send the token through the NEAR network.
- 2.Bridge from the Ethereum Network - If you have purchased NEAR on an Ethereum-based DEX, you can bridge tokens from decentralized wallets such as MetaMask through the Aurora Network’s Rainbow Bridge to your NEAR Wallet.
3. Buy directly from your NEAR Wallet - In the Wallet section of your application, click the Top Up button.
This will take you to a page with a range options for purchasing NEAR tokens.
Buying through these services will then deposit the NEAR tokens directly in your wallet without any further steps.
- 2.Find the Connect wallet button in the upper-right corner and click it.
- 3.A window will pop up. On the right, you'll see the Get wallet button. Press it and choose a provider—NEAR Wallet, Sender, or MyNearWallet.
4. Click Get, and you'll be taken to a webpage where you'll be able to set up your NEAR wallet.
As a fun way to connect friends who are involved in the NEAR Ecosystem, NEAR Names is a service that allows you to gift an account name to someone else in just a few quick steps.
All that's left to say is: have fun exploring NEAR’s growing ecosystem of Dapps!